The Iowa Alcoholic Beverage Division revised its laws concerning beer, wine and liquor sales effective September 5, 2018. The most impactful among the new requirements is the mandate for surety bonds. New applicants must obtain a surety bond prior to application submission. All existing license holders must obtain a surety bond before license renewal.
The Iowa ARC Rule 2938C (sec. 185—5.9) states the new bond requirements are:
- Class A Beer Permit $10,000 bond required
- Special Class A Beer Permit $10,000 bond required
- Class A wine permit- $5,000 bond required
- Wine direct shipper $5,000 bond required unless combined with Class A Wine permit.
- Class E Liquor control license- bond varies between $5,000 and $15,000
These are fairly straight forward surety bonds and are simple to purchase. The most economical way to meet these surety requirements it to get a quote from South Coast Surety today. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-361-1720